Words from the Chef
Through Friends’ Riviera, our French Mediterranean Bistro, we love to share our passion for authentic cooking and wine pairing. Our commitment to using only using fresh, high quality ingredients was instilled in my childhood in France where I spent a lot of time observing my mother in the kitchen. As a child, my typical Saturdays would start by going to the open markets where my mom bought foods that were always in season. After our morning purchases, we would come back home, unwrap our food and start prepping for the evenings’ meals. I would sit at the kitchen table, doing my homework but also helping with the preparations. The smells emanating from our kitchen are still vivid in my memories. The aromas from chopping fresh basil, roasting chicken, or sautéing onions in butter will forever live in me. Finally, in the evenings, when dinner was served, each dish was perfectly paired with wine, concept to which I was introduced at an early age. Through these unforgettable culinary experiences, I learned about France, its traditions, its culture and its history.
Friends Riviera allows us to recreate these experiences and share them with you. We offer gourmet foods, fresh soups and salads to be paired with wines from all over the world.
At Friends’ Riviera, we believe that:
- Everything we do should be of high quality with a huge emphasis on home-made products, using authentic recipes, traditional savoir faire and uniqueness
- Customer service is number one: good service or no service
- At all time, we should treat our customers, our community and environment with respect
- Emphasizing relationships with local businesses, farmers and growers is a key to success
Aleeta and I welcome you, our friends, our guests to Friends’ Riviera.
– Mehdi Merred
Friends’ Riviera will host wine and food pairings throughout the year with local wineries. These events will be on a reservation only basis with first invites going to the wine club members of showcased Winery then opened up to our patrons and will be posted on our Facebook page on a first come first serve basis.
We also do small holiday events, family gatherings and any special occasion where good food and wine are a bonus! We would love to work with you and personalize your event. Please email Mehdi your request.
- Christmas Party: Open to all our amazing customers that have made our first year so successful
- Date to be announced!
- Valentine Day 5 course dinner- February 14th,2018